Details and Guidelines to Look Out for Manuscript Submission
Please pay attention to the guidelines below before starting to write journal articles. Articles that do not meet these guidelines will be returned for correction, which can cause significant delays in the publication of your work.
Number of Words
Word count requirement for a journal article is 5.000-6.000 words
All articles must be
- submitted as a Word document,
- typed in Indonesian, Arabic or English, and
- written with an objective third-person perspective (using the terms "author" or "researcher" NOT "I" or "we").
- Article originality. Only ORIGINAL submissions will be accepted for publication. The articles have never been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Revised article. Al-Mahāra: Journal of Arabic Education will not publish revised versions of texts that have been published elsewhere. To be considered authentic, an article must be at least 80% containing new material with no more than 200 consecutive words (properly quoted) repeat previously published work(s) word for word.
- Teaching notes. If you are writing about a case study, provide additional teaching notes as separate documents from your article. These notes will be presented to readers interested in adopting your work as study materials.
- Copyright. Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Licensethat allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Plagiarism. Al-Mahāra: Arabic Education Journal is very concerned about plagiarism. Suspicion of plagiarism in all articles will be thoroughly checked before being accepted for publication. Please ensure that all information taken from other sources is properly cited and that all thoughts are arranged in your own words. All instances of plagiarism will be immediately returned to the author for correction and can cause the deletion of the article from publication.
- Title. The title must be concise, specific and effective, not exceeding 15 words.
- Note that all titles must be included in the case title. To place a title in the case title, the first letter of each word must be capitalized unless the word is a preposition ("more," "with," "between," etc.), conjunctions (connecting words like "and" or "but"), or articles ("a," "an," or "the"). The only exception to this rule is that the first word of the title or sub-title is always capitalized, even if it is an article, preposition, or conjunction.
- Titles should not be written in all capital letters (for example, "CHAPTER TITLE" is incorrect; "Title of Chapter" is correct;)
- Headings. Please format all titles as in the formatting template The name of the heading in the contents of your text can be adjusted to the contents of your text. Note that headings and subheading should NOT be numbered (e.g., 1. Introduction, 2. Background, etc.).
- Image. An article can contain no more than 20 images. Any figures or tables that do not meet this specification will be returned to the author for correction. All images must be submitted as separate files in the .tif format. Please also note that it is the author's responsibility to obtain permission to use any images that are currently under copyright by third parties. Please see the guide on images for more information.
- Chicago Manual of Style. Excerpt of Edition 16. Please ensure that all information in your article taken from other sources is supported by citation references in the text. A minimum of 20 sources are required for each article. Please also note that you have to follow the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition. (We will return your article to be corrected if you do not format your references as required.) For more information and examples of the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Excerpt, please see the Al-Mahāra Template here.
- Self citation. Researchers may need to quote their previously published work to communicate ideas effectively in their current article. While we encourage the use of self-quotes in these cases, it is important that the self-quoting do not explain more than 50% of the total references in the text.
- LaTex. LaTex files are NOT accepted because they are not compatible with Al-Mahāra: Journal of Arabic Education. As an alternative, we require that you use MathType (see "Equations" below).
- Equation. If you can type symbols or equations directly by typing into Microsoft Word, please do so. Otherwise, we need to use MathType to format all equations. You can download a free trial version of MathType here:
- Copy editing and proofreading. It is very important that complete copy editing and proofreading of your article must be carried out before submitting to ensure proper grammatical structure, correct spelling and punctuation, and appropriate use of Arabic or English. Submitted articles are considered in the final form and ready to be published as they are.
- Translation. Articles submitted in Indonesian to Al-Mahāra: Journal of Arabic Education must be written in clear Indonesian with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, although they will be translated.
Note: Organization of Article and Formatting Template are designed for the purpose of standardizing the delivery of articles and do not reflect how your work will actually appear in print. The format and design of the final publication is at the discretion of the publisher.
** Please note that all articles MUST be sent through online management or OJS (Online Journal System). Articles sent outside the system will not be considered for publication. **