KECERDASAN EMOSIONAL DALAM PENDIDIKAN ISLAM
One important component to be able to live in the midst of the community is the ability to direct the emotions well. Research conducted by Goleman shows that the contribution to the success of one’s IQ is only about 20% of the remaining 80% is determined by the cognate factor called emotional intelligence. In fact now it can be seen that the high IQ is not necessarily successful and not necessarily a happy life. People who are high IQ but because emotionally unstable and irritability are often mistaken in determining and solving the problems of life because they can not concentrate. Emotions are not growing, not overwhelmed, often make change in the face of problems and behave towards others so much conflict. Emotions are less processed also easily lead to others that sometimes are very excited agree on anything, but in a short time changed reject, so that disrupt the agreed cooperation with others. Thus, the man failed.
Islamic education has a high attention to this. It can be seen from the Islamic educational task is to guide and direct the growth and human development from stage to stage of life of the students to achieve the optimal performance point. Attention Islamic education on IQ and EI because Islamic education has a major influence in the growth of education, knowledge, and reason
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.