Aim and Scope
ESENSIA: Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Ushuluddin is a multidisciplinary journal that publishes articles of the highest quality and significance in all areas of Islamic theology (uṣūl al-dīn). The journal covers research on the immense significance of Islam in the context of religious life to which it has delivered unique perspectives, approaches, and ranges of contributions that are of abiding interest.
ESENSIA encourages the exchange of ideas between experts, scholars, researchers, practitioners, clerics, and students who are active in all areas of Islamic theology and the multidisciplinary field.
Research areas covered in the journal:
- Comparative religions and socio-religious dynamics
- Digital culture among Muslim cyber-communities
- Islamic philosophy and mysticism
- Islamic-theological literature and literary criticism
- Islamism, communal discernment, and indigenous spiritual practices
- Muslim minorities and religious citizenship
ESENSIA offers authors and readers high visibility, broader readership, clear copyediting, rigorous peer-review, and independence from competing interests. In addition to research articles, ESENSIA also covers research in the form of fieldwork investigations or ongoing reports. In this way, the journal aims to be the voice of the worldwide Islamic-theological community.