This procedure applies to complaints about the policies, processes, or actions of the Editorial Team of ESENSIA: Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Ushuluddin. We welcome complaints as they provide an opportunity and a spur for improvement, and we aim to respond quickly, courteously, and constructively. The complaint must be about something that is within the responsibility of ESENSIA's editorial board―i.e. content or process. The procedure outlined below aims to be fair to those making complaints and those complained about.
- Complaints may be made by phone, email, or letter, ideally to the person the complaint is already in contact with over the matter being complained about. If that is not appropriate please email: email@example.com
- Whenever possible complaints will be dealt with by the person to whom they are made. If that person cannot deal with the complaint he or she will refer it to the Editor-in-Chief
- Complaints about editorial matters that are sent to the Editor-In-Chief.
- All complaints will be acknowledged immediately (by phone) or within seven days (by email or post)
- A definitive response will be made within two weeks, if possible. If not, an interim response will be given at the time. Interim responses will be provided until the complaint is finally resolved.
The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) publishes a code of practice for editors considering complaints against editors in case if a journal’s own complaints procedures have been delayed or exhausted.